Tis the season for Turkey…loaf. I know how difficult it can be to find some good staple healthy meals for the firehouse (or any house for that matter.) Here is a great recipe that I use. It is easy to prepare and takes only 30 minutes. Add a salad or some vegetables to the plate and you have a great meal.
FRF Healthy Turkey Loaf
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat lightly a loaf pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg, salsa, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, bread crumbs and lemon pepper. Mix well with hands until blended.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving:
| 266 calories | total carbs 13 g | protein 27 g | total fat 14 g | cholesterol 117 mg | sodium 211 mg |
Recipe compliments of “The SOPs of Eating Lean in the Firehouse”
Give this recipe a try! Please let me know if you like it!
Stay safe and healthy,
Want more recipes. You can get the FRF Healthy Firehouse Recipes Cookbook with the purchase of any FRF Workout Program (over 80 recipes).