ABOUT AARON ZAMZOW AND FIRE RESCUE FITNESS
My name is Aaron Zamzow. I’m a Firefighter and EMT in Madison Wisconsin and also a certified and degreed Personal Fitness Trainer and author. I am the owner of Fire Rescue Fitness, a company dedicated to creating products and blogs focused on keeping Firefighters, EMTs, and Paramedics in top physical condition and “fit for duty.”
First and foremost I am a firefighter/ EMT and have been for almost 20 years. I have also been working in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and author for 30 years. I've been fortunate to train with elite athletes for the NBA, NHL, and NFL and have studied under some of the top trainers in the world. I created FRF (Fire Rescue Fitness) out of necessity. When I joined my first department I realized I was not trained to meet the demands of the fire ground. I had to change the way I worked out or I was not going to make it as a firefighter. I started to look at the tasks and the job from the lens of a trainer and coach and realized that we need to train more functionally. My first experiences and fitness failures motivated me to create my very own workouts and have now grown into some of the most effective FRF programs.
Please check out the Fire Rescue Fitness Shop and Blog. I have created a wide range of programs to cater to a wide range of goals and fitness levels. We are adding blog posts every week and have over 150 articles that are packed with workout, nutrition, and fitness tips that can help you and your crew. FRF now has seven different workout programs and is scheduled to launch two more this year.
FRF recently launched a new app platform that allows members to track workouts, view exercise videos, message me, and download nutrition and motivation resources from their phone, tablet and PC. This new app platform has taken FRF programs to the next level. Our members are raving about the app and all the resources included with the programs. FRF programs combine over 25 years of fitness and 15 years of Firefighting experience and are endorsed by hundreds of fire rescue athletes and elite trainers.
It is my mission to help 100,000 firefighters, EMTs, medics, and first responders improve their health and fitness. Please help me accomplish that mission. Join the FRF Nation by starting a program today!
Aaron and FRF in the Media
- Aaron's Author Page for Lexipol: https://www.lexipol.com/author/aaron-zamzow/
- Aaron's Author Page for Firehouse Magazine: https://www.firehouse.com/home/contact/12130344/aaron-zamzow
- Author Page for FR1: https://www.firerescue1.com/columnists/aaron-zamzow/
- Fitness Challenge- City of Madison Press Release
- A FIRE FOR FITNESS- Article for the Wisconsin State Journal
- Hot stuff: Madison firefighters prefer a slow burn in their homemade chili-Article for the Wisconsin State Journal
- Wis. Firefighters Play Dirty in Fitness Competition- Article on Firehouse.com
Also published in these journals:
- Cornell, D.J., Gnacinski, S.L., Zamzow, A., Mims, J., & Ebersole, K.T. (in press). Measures of Health, Fitness, and Functional Movement Among Firefighter Recruits. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics.
- Cornell, D.J., Gnacinski, S.L., Zamzow, A., Mims, J., & Ebersole, K.T. (in press). Influence of obesity on movement efficiency among firefighter recruits. Work
- Gnacinski, S. L., Ebersole, K. T., Cornell, D. J., Mims, J., Zamzow, A., & Meyer, B. B. (2016). Firefighters’ cardiovascular health and fitness: An observation of adaptations that occur during firefighter training academies. Work, 54(1), 43-50.
AND MORE TO COME...
Cannot find anywhere to register.
Gives a member portal but no earthy manner I can find that allows registration.
Instagram says great new podcast available. Link in bio.
Hey Brendon, are you trying to get to the new FRF App Portal? Send me a message and I will get it sorted for you.