Over $1,500 in cash and prizes will be given away to Firefighters, EMTs and Medics this Fall!
YOU can Win and more importantly Motivate Others!
Don’t wait, get your program (click here) and get started today!
The purpose of the contest is to motivate Firefighters, EMTs and Medics to change the unhealthy culture of the fire service. Statistics show that the obesity rate in firefighters is higher than the general population. Sadly, firefighters are more likely to die from a heart attack or stroke than in a fire related incident.
WE MUST CREATE a HEALTHY CULTURE IN THE FIRE SERVICE as lives, communities and our families are counting us!
Take the “Get FRF” challenge, get others in your department involved and help change the fire service industry!
See the complete entry instructions below.
Contest runs from October 1st to December 15th.
Rules of the 2017 “Get FRF” Challenge Contest
Click the video below for more details…
- The Fall Contest officially starts on October 1st, 2017 (this is the first day to officially start your program and the day the Get FRF 8-week workout is available). The final day to submit entries is December 15th, 2017 at midnight CST. The maximum length of your fitness program is 8-weeks. For example, if you start on October 1st, you finish in 8 weeks on November 26th -take your pictures (or final assessments) and submit your entry essay and results by December 15th. If you start on October 15th, you finish on December 15th– take your final photos and must submit your entry essay and photos on December 15th. You can start your program any time before November 15th (there is a minimum of 28-days), but you won’t have a full 8-weeks to make progress.
Contestant Entry Requirements (please read carefully):
1. There is no fee to enter the challenge. However, in order to be eligible to enter the 2017 “Get FRF” Challenge Contest, you must train with one of the FRF Workout Programs (see suggested workout programs) for a minimum of 4 weeks . All entry forms must be completed and submitted (via the email entry links by midnight December 15th, 2017).
**Upon completion of your Fire Rescue Fitness Workout purchase you will be emailed more details on the Challenge. Previous FRF customers (people who purchased in the past) were emailed details on entering.**
Suggested Workout Programs
You must use at least use one of these programs to qualify for the Challenge (click the blue link for more details about the program)
- The Get FRF (Fire Rescue Fit) 8-week program. (Available October 1st). This is our new and most efficient workout. It includes versatile workout options that can be used in the gym or at home. This program requires minimal equipment and outlines ways to workout with your crew and or spouse. These are our most efficient workouts that are sure to get you leaner and stronger in only 8 weeks. Any excuse is invalid with this program…
- The Fire Rescue Fitness Ultimate Fire Athlete Workout Program (Our Most Popular)— This is a 12 week program designed to get you stronger, leaner and moving like an athlete.
- The FRF Rapid Fat Loss for Firefighters Program –Last Years Champion used this program! This 6 week metabolic workout program will help you lean up with fire ground movements and challenge workouts.
- The Fire Rescue Fitness Foundations Program –Been a while since you’ve worked out? Don’t know where to begin your fitness journey? Start with this 12 week Program.
- The Ladder 2 Workout — This is a 28-day workout designed to help get you back on track and introduce you to the FRF workout style.
Contest Judging: Once we’ve received all the contest entries (essays and photos), the FRF Team will then choose the TOP 5 finalists and the Motivational Entry. They will be chosen based off of measured results (pictures, weight loss, body fat loss) and essay (inspiration). These 5 finalists will then be posted to the Fire Rescue Fitness Website and Facebook Page for public voting.
Voting will continue for 5 days, at which point final places will be determined. Winners will be notified via EMAIL and announced on the FRF FACEBOOK page and website.
Winners Raffle: Even if you don’t make it to the top 5 you can win prizes! Contestants that submit an entry are automatically entered in the winner’s raffle. Raffle names will be drawn randomly and announced on the FRF Facebook page and www.FireRescueFitness.com There will be over $1000 in Winners Raffle Prizes Given.
Prizes are as follows:
- 1st Prize $200
- 2nd Prize $150
- 3rd Prize$100
- 4th Prize $75
- 5th Prize $50
- Plus, there will be one Motivational Entry awarded ($150) to the Fire Rescue Athletes that motivates others in their crew and department to follow a Fit for Duty Lifestyle. These entries will be voted on by the committee and the FRF Facebook Page.
- AND, 15 entries will be randomly selected in the Winners Raffle to win over $800 in prizes (FRF T-shirts, helmet stickers and apparel, AMAZON gift certificates and much, much more). ** If you are interested in sponsoring and would like to donate prizes to the challenge, you can contact Aaron by clicking here.
**Prize number and amounts can and will be increased due to demand of the contest. The more people to participate, the more $$$$ and prizes to win! Please share the contest with others!**
Pointers for the contest:
Essay Pointers: A 2000-character maximum essay about your fitness journey to get fit for duty. Here’s a list of questions that would be good to answer in your essay. These aren’t mandatory but they are a nice guide:
- Why did you join the “Get FRF Challenge?
- What results did you see during the Challenge? Weight loss? Fat loss?
- What was the biggest change for you after using the Fire Rescue Fitness Workouts?
- What did you like best about the FRF workouts?
- How is your life and career better after the FRF “Fit for Duty” Challenge?
- What FRF workouts did you use?
- How did you achieve your success? Did you motivate others on your department and/or crew?
Although “Before” and “After” Photos and “Before” and “After” Measurements are not required to enter they are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to help the judges decide the winners. Here are some great “Before” and “After” photo/ measurement instructions.
Measurements: Take your measurements the morning of the photo shoot, or the day before. Don’t go with measurements that are more than a week old. At the very least, weigh yourself and take measurements of your thighs, hips and waist. For more detail, measure even more spots, such as calf, chest, biceps, weight loss, etc. I highly recommend taking your body fat percentage. Click here for a great resource on fitness testing and body composition.
Photos: Pick an uncluttered spot for your photo shoot, either in front of a wall or in front of a door. Take the photo in portrait mode instead of landscape. You’ll want to see yourself from head to toes, close enough to see some details. If you can get someone to take the shots, great! If not, use a timer—and a tripod, if you have one. I find 10 seconds is just enough time to get into place. Look straight ahead, and smile if you want, but don’t cheat by sucking in your gut.
Here are some examples:
You can take all different kinds of poses, front, side and back shot.
Upload the photos to your computer and place them in a folder marked with the date and remember where you stored them. If you don’t track your measurements anywhere else, create a document listing the date, weight and your measurements.
How often you take “after” photos is up to you. I’d recommend once a month, and then on the last day of the” Fit for Duty” Challenge. Take the pictures, measurements or tests in the same spot and under the same circumstances, if possible.
Have Questions about the FRF “Fit for Duty” Contest? You can email Aaron Zamzow (ZamzowFitness@gmail.com)
- The Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
- If you enter, you may be added to the Fire Rescue Fitness email marketing list (you can opt out at anytime)..
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should an external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
- The Contest Sponsor collects your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep you informed about The Challenge. The Contest Sponsor may, if consent was given during registration, also contact you from time to time with information about other ways you can accomplish your fitness goals.
- The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities, including but not limited the taking of a urine test or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
- This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
- Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.