Post Superbowl Firefighter Workout…
Its now Monday, post superbowl, I hope you enjoyed the game, wings, cocktails and treats that go with it. I do not hope you carry the extra weight and lethargy that can occur after a Superbowl weekend. We all have a tendency tendency to overindulge and workouts seem to take second place during the days following the Superbowl. To combat the accumulation of post-Superbowl pounds and feelings of sluggishness I created this FRF Metabolic Workout…
This workout requires minimal time, maximal effort and will give you an extreme calorie burn (throughout the day). Intermediate/ Advanced athletes should use weights that they can handle for 15 reps (even though you will only be performing 10 reps) while beginners will use body-weight for each exercise. Each rep should be performed with control (safety first) and good form.
You must perform 2 circuits of the warm-up. After the warm-up follow the appropriate circuit (beginner or intermediate/ advanced) as quickly as possible. Your goal is to complete the entire circuit as quickly as possible. Remember to record your total time (of the metabolic circuit) so you can measure your fitness progress from workout to workout.
Perform the active warm-up exercises in a circuit, no rest between exercises; follow the suggested reps for each. Repeat the circuit 2x.
Warm-up Exercises (reps)
- Prisoner Lunges (6x each side)
- Step forward Toe Touches (6x ea side)
- Chest hugs (20x)
- Waiters bow (6 each arm)
- Step Back, Reach Twist (6x each side)
- Spiderman’s (6 each side)
- Knees side to side (6 each side)
- Straight Leg Raises (6x each side)
- Hip Cross-overs (6x each side)
- Push-ups (10x)
- Body Row (10x)
- Prisoner Squats (10x)
- Prone Plank Pulses (10x)
- Walking Lunges (10 each side)
- Bike 2 miles (as fast as possible) or run .5 miles (as fast as possible)
Repeat the circuit again (for a total of 2 or 3x)
- Spider Push-ups (5 each leg)
- Pull-ups (10x)
- Squat to Press (10x)
- Weighted V-ups (10x)
- Prone Plank Pulses (marching 10 ea leg)
- Weighted Walking Lunges (10x each leg)
- Run 1 mile or bike 3 miles (as fast as possible)
Repeat the Circuit 2 more times (for a total of 3 circuits). You may want to leave out the last run or bike to keep the total workout time under 45 minutes.
Leave a Comment