My name is Aaron Zamzow. I’m a Firefighter and EMT in Madison Wisconsin and also a certified and degreed Personal Fitness Trainer and author. I am the owner of Fire Rescue Fitness, company dedicated to creating products and blogs focused on keeping Firefighters, EMTs and Paramedics in top physical condition and “fit for duty.”
First and foremost I am a firefighter/ EMT and have been for almost 15 years. I have also been working in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer and author for 25 years. I've been fortunate to train with elite athletes for the NBA, NHL, and NFL and have studied under some of the top trainers in the world. I created FRF (Fire Rescue Fitness) out of necessity. When I joined my first department I realized I was not trained to meet the demands of the fire ground. I had to change the way I worked out or I was not going to make it as a firefighter. Here is an interview I did that explains my journey.
Please check out the Fire Rescue Workouts created to get and keep you "Fit for Duty." I've created a wide range of programs to cater to all levels of Fire Rescue Athletes. I created Fire Rescue Fitness because I was discouraged by all of the programs on the market claiming to be geared toward firefighters. In most of these cases programs were written by trainers and not by firefighters. I developed the a wide range Fire Rescue Fitness Programs to give Firefighters, EMTs and Paramedics a foundation of fitness that not only gets you "Fit for Duty" but will take your fitness to the next level and keep you "Fit for Duty.' All of my programs combine over 25 years of fitness and 15 years of Firefighting experience and are endorsed by hundreds of fire rescue athletes and elite trainers.
Aaron and FRF in the Media
- Aaron's Author Page for Lexipol: https://www.lexipol.com/author/aaron-zamzow/
- Aaron's Author Page for Firehouse Magazine: https://www.firehouse.com/home/contact/12130344/aaron-zamzow
- Author Page for FR1: https://www.firerescue1.com/columnists/aaron-zamzow/
- Health & Wellness: 5 Exercises to Prevent Back Injuries- Great article for Firehouse Magazine (September, 2017)
- Fitness Challenge- City of Madison Press Release
- Feel the Burn- Interview for the Verona Press
- Aaron working with NBC News (KARE 11) in Minneapolis
- A FIRE FOR FITNESS- Article for the Wisconsin State Journal
- Hot stuff: Madison firefighters prefer a slow burn in their homemade chili-Article for the Wisconsin State Journal
- VIDEO REPORT: Madison Firefighters Fight to Stay Fit-NBC 15
- Wis. Firefighters Play Dirty in Fitness Competition- Article on Firehouse.com
Also published in these journals:
- Cornell, D.J., Gnacinski, S.L., Zamzow, A., Mims, J., & Ebersole, K.T. (in press). Measures of Health, Fitness, and Functional Movement Among Firefighter Recruits. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics.
- Cornell, D.J., Gnacinski, S.L., Zamzow, A., Mims, J., & Ebersole, K.T. (in press). Influence of obesity on movement efficiency among firefighter recruits. Work
- Gnacinski, S. L., Ebersole, K. T., Cornell, D. J., Mims, J., Zamzow, A., & Meyer, B. B. (2016). Firefighters’ cardiovascular health and fitness: An observation of adaptations that occur during firefighter training academies. Work, 54(1), 43-50.
AND MORE TO COME....
Leave a Comment